Sarah was born in 1786 in Delaware, the daughter of William Taylor and Mary Evans.
She died in 1872. The place is not known.
Her husband was Joseph Lintch. They were married, but the date and place have not been found. They had no known children.
|Other Event||22 APR 1811||
|Other Event||28 SEP 1816||
||See Note 1|
Elijah Taylor BIRTH 20 May 1794 Delaware, USA
DEATH 2 Sep 1877 (aged 83) Vermillion County, Indiana, USA
BURIAL Helts Prairie Cemetery, Hillsdale, Vermillion County, Indiana, USA Add to Map
MEMORIAL ID 14840163
He was a son of Mary Evans and William Taylor. William was a son of John and Comfort Taylor. Elijah's siblings included Mary (1778-1859), Samuel (1780-), Elizabeth (1784-), Sarah (1786-1872), John (1788-1867) and Joshua (1790- ), William S (1792- ).
He first married Mary Malona. They were the parents of Alfred, Charles M., Samuel, Sarah, Hannah, Mariah "Maria", Lambert, John, James Wise, Nancy Ann and Mary Maloney. He second married Ann T. Freeman. He was a farmer.
Obit & Will Abstract courtesy of Carolyn Schwab.
Newport Hoosier State Thursday, September 6, 1877
Elijah Taylor, of Dana, died on last Saturday morning. Mr. Taylor was an early settler of this county, but some 20 odd years ago moved to Eaton, OH, where he resided until about one year since, when he moved to this county to make it his future home. He was over 80 years of age, and a very respectable citizen.
Land Record dated 09/28/1816. Delaware, Sussex 014, image 262 of 652
Grantor: Stephen Ellis, farmer,.
Mary Ellis, wife of Stephen..
Samuel Taylor, farmer.
Polly Taylor, wife of Samuel.
Joseph Linch, farmer.
Sarah Linch, wife of Joseph.
Joshua Taylor, farmer.
William S. Taylor, farmer.
Hetty Taylor, wife of William.
Grantee: Elijah Taylor, farmer.
Whereas William Taylor, deceased did in his lifetime survey and locate a tract of land or parcel of land called "Small Timber Land" and part of a tract called "Gray's Adventure" .... "...and whereas the said William being so sized died intestate and leaving issue being: Mary, Samuel, Sarah, Joshua, William and Elijah Taylor's heirs and the said grantors for and in consideration of .... make over to Elijah Taylor ...".
Will Abstract, Vermillion County, IN
Book 2, Page 478, 479
Vermillion County, IN
Written March 15, 1877
1. To my daughter Mary M. Taylor $1500 for the care and attention she has given me. Also all my household and kitchen furniture.
2. To my grandson Ozias Depuy $50
3. To my grandchildren - heirs of Alfred Taylor, Charles Taylor, and Sarah E. White - to Charles $100 and Sarah $50.
4. To my son Lambert Taylor $500
5. To my daughter Sarah Helt $300 in full as her share
6. The residue of my estate after bequests are made to my children share and share alike - Lambert Taylor, Mary M. Taylor, John Taylor, James Taylor, Hannah Hepner, and Nancy Ann Miller.
7. I appoint William Skidmore Executor.
Recorded September 18, 1877