Milton was born in 1811 in South Carolina, the son of Charles Dees and Easter Dees.
He died after 1860. The place is not known.
His wife was Mary P.. They were married, but the date and place have not been found. Their seven known children were Harriet Adline (1835-1921), Isabell C (1838-?), Martha E (1840-1880), Culpepper Watkins (1842-1933), Alfred A (1845-c1862), Sarah Frances (1845-1917) and Mary C (1848-c1913).
| || |
| || |
Census 1850 Mississippi, Tallahatchie County, dwelling 98
|See Note 3|
|Census||5 OCT 1850||
|Census||17 JUL 1860||
Culpepper death certificate names father Melton Deese born Alabama and mother Susan Duke born Mississippi. RS Duke and two of his wifes, including Susan buried next to CW Deese family in Wattensaw.
Historical Southern Families. Volume XVII, Later Descendants of The Dees (Deas) Family:
Charles Dees #63, son of Richard Dees #13, appears in the Chesterfield Co Census of 1810 with a family consisting of himself and wife, b 1784-94, and 2 sons b. 1800-1810. He does not appear in the records yet found until the 1850 census of Tallahatchee Co. Miss., which show Charles Dees, b 1783 in South Carolina, living in the family of his probable son-in-law and daughter, Elijah C. and Eliza Carmichael, and Charles's probable wife, Easter Dees, b 1780 in South Carolina, living in the family of a younger son Charles Dees Jr. These Mississippi census records show that the family of Charles Dees lived across the border in North Carolina (probably Richmond or Anson County) for a number of years.
There were seven families in the Charles Dees group living in Tallahatchee Co. Miss. in 1850: Bryant Dees, b 1803 in S.C., Milton Dees, b 1812 in S.C., Eliza Carmichael b 1816 in N.C. and Abe Dees b 1821 in N.C., being almost certainly son and daughters of Charles and Easter Dees. Griffin b 1824, Alex b 1825, and Charles Jr. b 1828 all in North Caolina, could have been sons of Bryant Dees above, or else younger sons of Charles and Easter Dees.
The families are as follows:
1. Griffin Dees, b 1824, Elizabeth Dees b 1827 both born in N. C. and son William N. Dees b 1849 in Mississippi. This family also had in it William Sullivant , b 1828 in Tenn.
2. Alex Dees b 1825 in North Carolina, Emily J. Dees b 1823 inAlabama and Elisha Green b 1836 in Tennessee.
3. Bryant Dees, b 1803 in South Carolina, wife Rebecca b 1825 in North Carolina, and all the children born in N.C. as follows: (1) Laura b 1829; (2)Martha b 1837; (3) Thomas b 1839; (4) Caroline b 1841; (5) Mary b 1842; (6) Charles b 1843; (7) Daniel b 1845.
4. Charlie Dees Jr. b 1828 in N.C., Easter Dees b 1780 in S.C. and Martha A.C, Dees, presumably Charles Jr.'s wife, b 1831 in N.C. It seems almost certain that Charles Dees Jr. was the youngest son of Charles and Easter Dees, as Bryant Dees above had a son Charles F. Dees, b 1843.
5. Abe Dees, b 1821 in N.C,, Margaret Dees b 1830 in Tenn., and Children Mary J.N. Dees b 1845 and Louisiana Dees b 1847 in Mississippi; also in the family were Thomas J. Dixon, b 1847 in Tenn, and Joshua Cissom b 1835 in Alabama.
6. Milton Dees, b 1812 inS.C., wife Mary b 1810 in S.C. and children; Harriet b 1835, Isabella b 1838, Martha b 1841, Culpeper b 1842, Alfred b 1845, Sarah b 1845 (all these children born S.C.) and Mary C. Dees b 1848 in Mississippi.
7. Elijah C Carmichael, b 1816, wife Eliza Carmichael, b 1816, both born in N.C. and Charles Dees b 1783 in South Carolina.
Deese-Dees-Deas.pdf Deese Genealogy Glen Deas <firstname.lastname@example.org> Aug 28, 2013.
Ran across your web page this evening. I have been communicating with Dr. William Cullen "Bill" Deese, PhD, a Chemistry Professor at LA Tech University, Ruston, LA. I taught there in the Engineering College back in the 80s, and Bill and I were there together. He is still there. I was always curious if we were related, but did not know anything about my family. I have been doing serious research since 1985 . I think I have tied us together, and wanted to add some more trails for you to explore.
Bill and I are 7th cousins. His lineage is:
"Bill" -> John Henry -> Clifton Josh -> Culpeper Watkins -: Milton . Your info seems to end at Milton. Milton's parents were Easter Dees and Charles Dees. They were first cousins. Easter's father was Simon Dees and Charles' father was Richard Dees . Not sure, but this may explain why so many children of this line died so young. Richard and Simon's father was William Dees. William was a brother of my ancestor James Dees. Their father was Emanuel Dees, emigrant to VA from Scotland.
You have some great family photos that Bill will be excited to see. I will give him the link to your web site, and you may hear from him before long.
Glen Deas West Monroe, LA
1840 census of Montgomery County NC lists three Dees families" Allen Deese, William Deese, and Milton Dees.
Milton Dees: one w male child 0-5 yrs, one w male 20-30 yrs.one w female 0-5 yrs, one w female 5-10 yrs, and one w female 30-40. total 5, no slaves
Anson County NC lists six Dees families, Charles, Edmd, James, Levi, Mary, and Stephen.
South Carolina also has many Dees in Sumter and Chesterfield Cty
|Source:||Census 1850 Mississippi, Tallahatchie County, dwelling 98|